almost 4 years ago
Hi Spark analysts,
Last week we made a ton of announcements, including a deadline extension and the introduction of a few new data sets. So TL;DR — below are some use cases for the new data, plus we're holding online office hours w/ IBM Spark mentors next Thursday, July 28.
Amazon Review Graph data use cases:
- Create a recommender system using collaborative filtering to predict which item a user will like based on his/her preferences.
- Find communities of users based on their product ratings.
- Rank products by popularity using (for example) pageRank algorithms.
Yelp data use cases:
- Again, you could create a recommender system using collaborative filtering to predict which vendor/service a user will like based on his/her preferences.
- There is a ton of valuable data in the Yelp review text. You can use NLP, language modeling, and machine learning skills to extract it and build some predictive models, such as where a business should next locate to be successful, etc.
Online office hours
Mark your calendar to join us on Thursday, July 28, from 12-1pm EDT for live office hours with IBM Spark Technology Center mentors. Hosts David Taieb, Michael Dusenberry, and Chetna Warade will review use cases, demo how to import graph data and leverage GraphX in Spark, and answer all your questions (both technical and logistical). RSVP here.