about 2 years ago
There are two weeks left to build a Spark app that helps businesses run better.
Submissions are due August 23 before 5pm ET. Find out what time that is in your city.
If you haven't started a submission yet, please do so now. And if you've just recently joined the hackathon, explore the quick-start guide and draw some inspiration from the competition resources.You can also check out our video tutorial on how to use the hackathon submission form.
Before you say "ship it!", make sure you run through this list:
- Have you identified a business need and analyzed data to address that need using Apache Spark?
- Have you shared your analysis code for judging (via adding a GitHub link or privately shared file)?
- Have you explained your analysis output by including:
- a visual (graphic) or written explanation of your results; AND
- a video demo explaining your process and outcomes?
- Does your demo video clearly demonstrate how your solution works? Is it no more than five minutes long? (Tip: How to make a great submission video)
- If you built a fully-functioning mobile or web app, have you provided us with a way to test it? (Find out how to do that here.)
- Have you included at least one or more screenshots of your solution?
Be sure to read through the official rules more than once. Or better yet, have a friend or colleague provide a second pair of eyes to make sure you didn’t miss anything.